Monday, 24 May 2010

Sunny Week

Lovely weather today. Nice journey to Newport, albeit with dreadfully heavy traffic on the M25.

Air conditioning has failed in the office so it's enormously  stuffy and very hot - the windows don't open. It failed on Friday. Today we were issued with USB-powered fans. Clever! Saves any health & safety issues over untested electrical equipment and wires trailing over the floor. Due to be fixed by Wednesday. I'll believe that when I see it!

I did my usual Monday evening trip to Tredegar Arms this evening (photo from car park). Bumped into Kev - fellow contractor at ONS. We had a nice chat. He's a Geordie, so we slightly struggle to understand each other :)

Tomorrow is blog night, and Wednesday some of us are playing boule at the Wheatsheaf.

I think I'll try to find somewhere new tomorrow evening. Up in the hills, but with wi-fi or good mobile phone reception! Maybe the Goose & Cuckoo, else I may play safe and go to the Newbridge Inn (I knowfor sure they've got wi-fi).

I've not played boules before. We've been to the Wheatsheaf a few times over the winter. They have a fortnightly pub quiz and we've actually won it one and cam second or third on another occasion. Boule should be interesting. I'll try to get some photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment