Thursday, 25 March 2010

Lots to Do

It's a busy week. I've done my hours for the week (and some) already. And I have a 7am meeting tomorrow to keep things rolling. Next week won't be any better. I have a two-day evaluation meeting on Monday/Tuesday with folks from London and Southampton. It'll be very intense and I'll have work to do between times.

I'm in Junction 28. I think I was somewhat unfair in my original comments on J28.It is a bit of a throwback to the 70s, but the food is very thoughtfully cooked & of good quality, and the staff are well-trained. They have a private dining room; I'm bringing my evaluation team here on Monday evening so that we can make the most of the two days, i.e. a working dinner (getting best value for taxpayers!).

Sue & George (landlord)'s son Richard works here on occasions. He's just got a good job in London, starting September. He's heading off on a world tour on Easter Sunday, making the most of his time between now and September. Lucky devil!

It's a very big place, though it doesn't feel big because it's divided into separate dining rooms. Despite its size and the financial squeeze, it's very well used - reflecting the quality and value-for-money.

I left work after 9pm last night, so dinner was a pint and a packet of crisps (cheese & onion) in the Tredegar Arms :(

Tonight, in J28, I had creamy seafood risotto starter (nicely sized, not too big) followed by baked trout with baked sweet potato. All very nice, but potato was more than I could comfortably eat. I finished with Tiramisu with a dousing of coffee - very nice indeed.

I actually attended fencing on Monday - my first appearance in perhaps 2 months. I enjoyed it and wasn't as knackered as I might have expected, although my legs felt a bit tight for the next day or so. I didn't fence very well, but what can you expect after a 2 month lay-off.

Off to bed now...

1 comment: