Okay J & Flo, you better be reading this ;)
The weekend was an odd one. As I sit here in the Tredegar Arms and reflect, it doesn't seem like I was actually at home all weekend. However, any amount of driving and sitting around was worth the pleasure of seeing J and his team win silver. Elf was very focused, put all of his energy into it, and offered good leadership; J and Noisy backed him up in their own individual styles. They made a good team.
Flo was a star, sitting around patiently all weekend; taking a turn in the tuck shop to relieve her boredom. Tim awarded her Fencer of the Week, which pleased her greatly.
I hope J gets some good results this week at Crystal Palace. He deserves it and it'll be interesting to compare his results between foil and epee (and sabre!).
Prior to writing this post I just finished my NOTE: blog posts for tomorrow. It's great that I can schedule them to be automatically posted when it suits me; so I can write the posts when it suits me and then see them automatically published at the same time on the same day each week, so the audience know what to expect (and when to expect it). I'm pleased with the growing audience. I seem to have found a solid 150 subscribers and (with a few fluctuations) it's on an upward trend. 200 here I come! However, I've got some distance to go to match the 4,000 subscribers that I used to have for my email newsletter. And it was worth the effort because I got a number of contracts on the back of people knowing me. Indeed, I noticed a couple of weeks ago that there were a handful of folks at ONS who subscribed to my email newsletter (including Keith who interviewed me for my current project!).
I'm off to the ONS office in Titchfield (near Southampton) tomorrow. It's a 3 hour journey, so it'll be an early start (leaving Newport at 7am) and a late return. Paul Wharin's staying in Cardiff for a couple of nights (I used to work with him at MAFF and BT and Motorola) so I'm meeting him tomorrow night when I get back from Titchfield. It'll be a long day. Oh, and I need to text George to request brekkie at 6:30am. Hang on... there, done (although George is bound to deny all knowledge of the text in the morning anyway).
Well, time to leave Tredegar Arms and ... [ah, Sue just texted confirmation of early Brekkie (Sue's reliable, so my tea and toast are secured)] ... head back to B&B to unpack and pop into bed.
Bon nuit y'all
Monday, 15 March 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment