Wednesday, 30 September 2009

Birthdays and Recognition

Not nice being unable to give J a hug on his 14th birthday today, nor F on her 10th last month. Not nice at all. I was rather downcast at work this morning. I hope J had a nice day. He sounded cheerful when I spoke with him this morning and this evening.

By this evening I was quite cheerful too because I'd received some noteworthy recognition of my SAS blog (www.NoteColon.info or NoteColon.blogspot.com) (the blog is named NOTE: for reasons understood only by SAS programmers)...

Chris Hemedinger is a senior manager in R&D at SAS and he's editor of the SASdummy blog - an official SAS blog (and he wrote the SAS for Dummies book). In his post today entitled "Other SAS Blogs of NOTE:", Chris wrote:
Hello Knowledge Thirsters,

Today I discovered that the NOTE: newsletter (pronounced /note colon/) has migrated to the blogosphere. I'm pleased and humbled to admit I've already learned a few things by reading it.

This site and others like Angela's SAS BI blog, the "SAS Tips" site, and the cacophony of voices on sasCommunity.org all contribute to the growing number of excellent resources from real-world SAS users.

And of course, you can always count on me here to provide an insular SAS perspective. I'm happy to be one voice in the chorus.

While I've seen a pleasingly increasing number of people reading my blog over the last few weeks, it's nice to get some recognition from SAS themselves. Unexpected, and appreciated all the more for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment